Leading banks, financial institutions, and insurance companies are known to be data-intensive organizations and depend more than ever on data to make well founded decisions. They also rely on data to extract insights on customers that can result in increasing revenue streams. In order to address these challenges they need to be agile, innovative and responsive to evolving customer needs. Find here five ways Financial organizations leverage their big data using cognitive search and powerful analytics:
- Get Actionable insight from the most diverse data sources: the objective is to analyze, structure and categorize all available data to get intuitive and unified information access across all internal and external data sources, including customer contracts, insurance claims, payment history, email communications, CRM data, company policies and processes and more. Employees must be able to access relevant information without having to know where data is stored, in which format or how to access it.
- Obtain instant 360° views of customers, portfolios, investment targets, contracts, financial performance, and any other subject linked to the business of an organization. People can do so across all business units – from banking to insurance, leasing, property management, asset management, and beyond. Only an efficient “insight engine” – as some leading analysts call cognitive search and analytics platforms – can provide rapid 360° views to users without the need to change existing applications.
- Detect fraudulent activities & prevent money laundering: banks and insurance companies face the daunting task to accurately and rapidly identify fraud by analyzing Big Data volumes. To face this challenge, a cognitive insight platform enables the detection of “unusual” data patterns by predictive machine learning algorithms and the mapping of relationships between people, bank accounts, credit card numbers, financial transactions, and many other data types. To uncover patterns in behavior, analysts use a combination of interactive charts, timeline analyses, tables and relationship maps.
- Reduce customer churn: the combination of cognitive search and powerful analytics help organizations improve customer retention. Here, Natural Language Processing with text mining agents plays a major role in detecting relevant information in customers’ data and behavior, for example by analyzing information requests and navigation patterns on the company’s website. Predictive Analysis also plays a role in reducing churn rates. For example, machine learning algorithms help detecting patterns and trends in customers’ transactions which can identify them as “high-risk” potential defectors. Companies can propose tempting offers to potential churners that prove usually quite effective in retaining them. This also reflects in staggering yearly ROI figures, up to tens of millions of dollars.
- Recommend up-sell and cross-sell offers: Once customer data is collected and analyzed across all available channels, additional functionalities can be added with marginal effort. Machine learning algorithms, such as “collective filtering and recommendation”, can then be used to optimize marketing campaigns, improve up-selling and cross-selling. Indeed, on top of the 360° view of customers, we can use machine learning algorithms to recommend products and/or services that are relevant to customers, based on deep analytics of contents and customers’ behavior data.
In the fast-evolving world of Finance & Insurance, it becomes increasingly important for these organizations to capture, process and analyze massive amounts of structured and unstructured to make better business decisions while better serving their customers. A Cognitive Search & Analytics platform that delivers superior agility, flexibility and scalability and turns data into business insight can bring significant value.
Interested to learn more about this platform for your organization? We’d love to help.